Employment law deals with both Federal and State Regulations, governing a wide scope of problems that employees encounter in the workplace. Discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation or a hostile work environment as well as disputes between employers and employees that involve wrongful termination, employee benefits, or negotiating severance and employment agreements, are all covered under employment law.
Despite employment laws, employees are often denied rights in the workplace. Examples include, but are not limited to the following:
- You may find yourself fired from your job through no fault of your own.
- If you are unable to work due to illness or injuries sustained in an accident, you may find your medical benefits denied.
- If you have to fight sexual harassment on the job, your work environment may suddenly become hostile.
- You may face retaliation in the workplace, if you file a workers' compensation or a whistle blower claim.
- If you become handicapped, your employer may refuse to accommodate you.
- You or a loved one may become disabled and find you are wrongfully denied disability or pension benefits.
- You may be subjected to discrimination, the source of the most common of all workplace disputes.
- Discrimination takes on many forms from race, age, gender and disability to religion. Additionally, discrimination occurs in recruitment, testing, hiring, compensation, transfer, promotion, layoff and recalls, as well as fringe benefits and termination, to name a few examples.
When you suspect your employer is violating your rights, seeking legal advice at the outset is prudent. With legal help from an experienced labor and employment law attorney, you may be able to correct the problems you are encountering, before your work environment becomes entirely unbearable or before you lose your job.
At the Fort Worth Law Offices of David E. Kelley, we provide legal services for clients in all aspects of employment and labor issues involving:
- Discrimination (age, sex, race, religion, disability)
- Retaliation in the Workplace
- Wrongful Termination, Employee
- Wrongful Termination, Employer
- Hostile Work Environment
- Government Employees' Issues
- Breach of Employment Contracts
- Whistle Blower Claims
- Severance Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Workplace Torts
- Employer Defense
Our law firm also routinely handles claims for violation of Federal statues that protect employees, which include:
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) violations
- ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act) Claims
- FSLA (Fair Labor Standards Act) Wage Claims
- FMLS (Family and Medical Leave Act) Claims
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 violations
Comprehensive knowledge of employment laws and more than a decade of in-depth experience enable David Kelley to effectively help protect your rights in the workplace and resolve your labor and employment issues.
When you bring us your problem, Mr. Kelley will evaluate the facts and circumstances surrounding your claim, explain the law as it pertains to your situation and aggressively pursue legal remedies on your behalf.
Attorney, David Kelley, represents clients with labor and employment lawsuits in State and Federal courts with jurisdiction over legal issues arising in Tarrant, Johnson, Parker, Wise and Jack counties, the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and throughout Texas.
If you are experiencing problems in the workplace and believe your employer is in violation of State or Federal employment laws, please call our office at 817-922-0555 to learn how Mr. Kelley resolve your legal problem.