Be a Part of Your Grandchildren's Lives

Speak with a family law attorney in Fort Worth, TX

Even if your adult child doesn't have custody of your grandchildren, you can still be a part of their lives. A family law attorney from the Law Office of David E. Kelley & Associates can help you navigate child custody laws as they pertain to grandparent rights. We'll do everything we can to make sure your relationships with your grandchildren remain intact.

Contact the Law Office of David E. Kelley & Associates today to schedule a consultation with an experienced family law attorney in Fort Worth, TX.

Know your grandparent rights

In some situations, the court can enforce your right to visit your grandchildren, even against the parent's wishes. You might be able to get visitation rights if:

  • Your adult child and their spouse are divorced
  • Either parent was accused of child abuse
  • Either parent was incarcerated or found incompetent to care for your grandchildren
  • The parent-child relationship was terminated by the court
  • Your grandchildren lived with you for over six months
To learn more about grandparent rights and child custody laws in Fort Worth, TX, call 817-922-0555 now. If you suspect your adult child or their former spouse of child abuse, you have a legal obligation to report that abuse.